DTK - Deutscher Teckelklub 1888 e.V.
website DTK: LINK
The programme has been started 01.01.2012. After the start-up phase of about 1 year the ongoing sampling has been limited to the registration of samples of all puppies and animals imported from abroad. The DTK achieves a genetic proof of origin for all animals kept in the DTK as well as DNA-tested pedigree information for all breeding animals.
The obligatory tests for hereditary diseases are specific to the individual breeds and the intended mating.
Details of the DTK programme
- Continuous registration of all puppies at litter inspection by means of samples on GOcards (organised by the DTK).
- Use of puppy samples for parentage assessment for breeding approval and/or for DNA tests on hereditary predispositions.
- Breeders can use the archived samples and directly arrange for the necessary tests (LINK).
- When importing animals without DTK pedigree, a sample must be submitted and the compulsory tests for ID profile and hereditary diseases must be arranged or proven.
- Proof of origin - every puppy born in the DTK can be clearly and unequivocally distinguished from so-called dump puppies from uncontrolled breeding.
- Secure parentage - reliable pedigrees
- Comprehensible information about the inheritance of hereditary diseases.
Mandatory DNA work
1) For breeding approval
- DNA verified parentage on the basis of an official DTK sample.
- DNA test OI (Osteogenesis Imperfecta) | Wirehaired dachshunds only
The OI-test can be omitted if both parents can show an OI-test with result n/n and the parentage is DNA-verified.
2) For registration of import dogs:
|Breed||Tests to be carried out|