Setup your DNA programme
DNA programmes offer the benefit of coordinating the actions of individual animal owners and incorporating them into a small number of interacting components. The result is a largely self-organising 'community' that can use a shared database that would otherwise never have become available.
Typical contents of a DNA programme are:
- Continuous sampling of all offspring for traceability and reference.
- Identity typing of all breeding animals
- Parentage statement confirmation by DNA comparison
- Identification of mutation segregation of hereditary diseases relevant to the breed
- Supporting science by additional samples of the breeding stock
In preparation for a consultation, please prepare the following parameters and e-mail them to us:
- Animal species - breed(s) to be covered by the programme
- Characteristics of the population
- active breeding animals
- offspring per year
- breeding approvals per year
- breeding animals from outside the breed club
- Relevant hereditary diseases
Use existing data
Existing data for animals (basic data PLUS DNA test results) can be integrated into the programme, if they can be provided as a structured table. If required, we will support you in the preparation of suitable import formats.