Generatio GmbH takes your legitimate data protection concerns very seriously and complies with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO), the Telemedia Act and also, where applicable, the provisions of other applicable data protection regulations.
Generatio GmbH handles the data you provide carefully and conscientiously. Insofar as data of any kind is collected, processed or used, this is always done within the framework of the legal provisions or with your express consent.
The protection of privacy is of crucial importance for the future of internet-based business models and for the development of an internet-based economy. Generatio GmbH underscores its commitment to privacy with this privacy statement. In the following, you will learn how Generatio GmbH handles personal data on this website.
This privacy statement applies to this and all other websites that link to this privacy statement. Under certain circumstances, other data protection regulations apply to individual Generatio GmbH offers. We therefore ask you to carefully read the data protection statements of all Generatio websites you visit.
Person responsible pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO):
Handelsregister Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 714433
T: +49 (0)6221 3893530
F: +49 (0)6221 3893531
Person in charge of our data protection regulations:
Dr. Eberhard Manz
1. Global data protection framework
Our handling of personal data has been aligned with global principles and standards with regard to transparency in the use of personal data, the observance and granting of rights of choice, access regulations, rules on data integrity, data security, data sharing and monitoring the lawfulness of processing. Generatio GmbH complies in particular with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Gene Diagnostics Act.
Where required by applicable data protection law, we will also explicitly request your consent for the further processing of personal data collected on this website or provided by you.
This consent / approval can be revoked at any time by sending an e-mail to office(at)generatio.de. In any case, Generatio GmbH undertakes to treat all personal data provided as confidential and not to disclose any data to third parties.
Collection and processing of personal data
Generatio GmbH wants to better understand your needs and interests and provide you with the best possible service. Therefore, Generatio GmbH collects and uses personal information in the manner described below and in accordance with applicable data protection law.
In addition, we collect and process data that you voluntarily provide to us, for example when you subscribe to our newsletter or write to us via the contact form.
What data do we collect and why? With the help of the collected data, Generatio GmbH would like to offer you consistent personal support. Generatio GmbH will only use your data as described in this statement. Any subsequent change in the purpose of use is subject to your express consent, unless the change is otherwise legitimised by applicable legislation.
We always process your personal data for a specific purpose.
In particular, we may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process orders and deliver ordered services and products.
- To perform tasks for the preparation or fulfilment of contracts
- To inform you about products, promotions and other matters. In some cases, this may include information from other companies and business partners where their products usefully complement Generatio GmbH's products
- To tailor information about our products to your needs. For example, we may provide you with information about products that are of interest to you.
- To improve the quality of our products and services by adapting our offer to your specific needs.
- To enable us to contact you and respond to customer enquiries
- To carry out voluntary customer surveys in order to continuously improve our services and products
- To send you communications about products or services we are promoting
- To assess and structure how often you use our products, what products you are interested in and how we can best contact you about each. We may differentiate between our individual products in this way
- To keep a record of business transactions
- To fulfil contractual obligations
- For archiving and record keeping
- To process job enquiries
- For billing and accounting purposes, and
- Other purposes as required by law and regulation
- In certain cases, we are legally obliged to transmit data to a requesting government agency (institution or authority). The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 c DSGVO or § 24 para. 2 no. 1 BDSG.
- In some cases, business partners require personal data of our customers. This usually occurs in the context of order fulfilment (e.g. in the case of complaints). This is expressly provided for by law. In this case, Generatio GmbH remains responsible for the protection of your data - if applicable, alongside the order processor. The respective business partner works according to our instructions, which Generatio GmbH ensures through strict contractual regulations.
P addresses are used for malfunction analysis, website administration and to gather demographic information. We also use IP addresses and, where applicable, other information that you have provided to us on this website to find out which pages from our offer are accessed and which topics interest our visitors. We use the knowledge gained to be able to offer you an optimised range of information on our products and services. Generatio GmbH only collects such data in anonymous form and will not link it to a registered user's profile without the user's consent. When a user visits our website, only the domain name is recorded by default.
Generatio GmbH only collects data in connection with your visit to the Generatio website. We do not collect any personal data in connection with your visits to the websites of other companies or organisations that do not belong to Generatio GmbH.
This data processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO on the basis of our legitimate interest in a legally compliant, user-specific and user-friendly consent management for cookies and thus in a legally compliant design of our website. Further legal basis for the described data processing is furthermore Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c DSGVO. As the responsible party, we are subject to the legal obligation to make the use of technically unnecessary cookies dependent on the respective user consent.
Further information on the use of data by Cybot A/S can be found in the Usercentrics data protection declaration at: https://www.cookiebot.com/de/privacy-policy/
- In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimise user-friendliness, which are stored on your end device for a certain fixed period of time. If you visit our website again in order to use our services, it is automatically recognised that you have already been with us and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
- The cookies process data and are necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO.
- Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
If you give us your e-mail address or provide it via the contact form, we will also contact you by e-mail. We will not share your email address with third parties outside Generatio GmbH. You can choose at any time to stop receiving emails from Generatio GmbH. Depending on the settings of your e-mail programme, information may be automatically transmitted to us when you send an e-mail to Generatio GmbH.
Use of external service providers
We work with service providers who process certain data on our behalf. This is done exclusively in accordance with the applicable data protection law. In particular, we have concluded data processing on behalf agreements with our service providers that meet the requirements of Article 28 of the DSGVO.
2. Notes on the newsletter and consents
The following information explains the contents of our newsletter as well as the registration, dispatch and statistical evaluation procedures and your rights of objection. By subscribing to our newsletter, you agree to receive it and to the procedures described.
Content of the newsletter
We send newsletters and e-mails with promotional information (hereinafter "newsletter") only with the consent of the recipients or a legal permission. The contents circumscribed within the scope of a registration for the newsletter are decisive for the consent of the users.
Double opt-in and logging
Registration for our newsletter takes place in a so-called double opt-in process. This means that after registration you will receive an email asking you to confirm your registration. This confirmation is necessary so that no one can register with other people's email addresses. The registrations for the newsletter are logged in order to be able to prove the registration process in accordance with the legal requirements. This includes the storage of the registration and confirmation time as well as the IP address. At the end of each newsletter there is a link that allows you to unsubscribe at any time.
To register for the newsletter, it is sufficient to enter your e-mail address. We also use other data such as name and country. This information is only used for personalisation and segmentation of the newsletter.
Sending the newsletter
This website uses the services of MailChimp for sending newsletters. The provider is Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA.
MailChimp is a service with which, among other things, the sending of newsletters can be organised and analysed. When you enter data for the purpose of receiving newsletters (e.g. email address), this data is stored on MailChimp's servers in the USA.
MailChimp is certified according to the "EU-US Privacy Shield". The "Privacy Shield" is an agreement between the European Union (EU) and the USA, which is intended to ensure compliance with European data protection standards in the USA.
With the help of MailChimp, we can analyse our newsletter campaigns. When you open an email sent with MailChimp, a file contained in the email (known as a web beacon) connects to MailChimp's servers in the USA. This makes it possible to determine whether a newsletter message has been opened and which links, if any, have been clicked on. In addition, technical information is recorded (e.g. time of retrieval, IP address, browser type and operating system). This information cannot be assigned to the respective newsletter recipient. It is used exclusively for the statistical analysis of newsletter campaigns. The results of these analyses can be used to better adapt future newsletters to the interests of the recipients.
If you do not want any analysis by MailChimp, you must unsubscribe from the newsletter. For this purpose, we provide a corresponding link in every newsletter message.
The data processing is based on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO). You can revoke this consent at any time by unsubscribing from the newsletter. The legality of the data processing operations already carried out remains unaffected by the revocation.
Statistical survey and analyses
The newsletters contain a so-called "web beacon", i.e. a pixel-sized file that is retrieved when the newsletter is opened. Within the scope of this retrieval, technical information, such as information on the browser and your system, as well as your IP address and the time of the retrieval are initially collected. This information is used for the technical improvement of the services based on the technical data or the target groups and their reading behaviour based on their retrieval locations (which can be determined with the help of the IP address) or the access times.
The statistical surveys also include determining whether the newsletters are opened, when they are opened and which links are clicked. For technical reasons, this information can be assigned to the individual newsletter recipients. However, it is not our intention to observe individual users. The evaluations serve us much more to recognise the reading habits of our users and to adapt our content to them or to send different content according to the interests of our users.
3. Disclosure of data, transfer to third country
The transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place.
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to this in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a) DSGVO, § 26 para. 2 Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG)
- the disclosure is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO and there is no reason to assume that you have an interest in the non-disclosure of your data that is overriding and merits protection,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation for the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. c) DSGVO, and
- this is legally permissible and necessary according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b) DSGVO, § 26 para. 1 BDSG for the processing of a contractual relationship with you or for pre-contractual measures at your instigation.
If necessary, Generatio GmbH will also share information with business partners, service providers, third parties or subcontractors. This may be necessary to provide a service or transaction requested by you, such as order processing, for customer service purposes, or to inform you about services or products and services.
Your personal information will not be disclosed, sold or otherwise made available to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
Generatio GmbH may be required to disclose your data and related information in response to a court or government order. We also reserve the right to use your data to assert or defend against legal claims.
In the event of an acquisition or merger with another company, disclosure or transfer of personal information to potential or actual purchasers may be required. In such a case, Generatio GmbH will strive to protect the data as much as possible.
4. Analysis tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO.
With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision. The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the tracking tools described in more detail below.
- Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In the event that IP anonymization is activated on this website, however, your IP address will be truncated beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This means that IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form, which means that personal references can be ruled out. Insofar as the data collected about you has a personal reference, this is therefore immediately excluded and the personal data is deleted immediately.
- We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
- To measure the success of our advertising campaigns, we link Google Ads accounts with Google Analytics accounts. We do not use any other functionalities of Google Ads and do not set any cookies.
Google Web Fonts
This page uses so-called web fonts provided by Google for the uniform display of fonts. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, the browser you are using must connect to Google's servers. This enables Google to know that our website has been accessed via your IP address. Google Web Fonts are used in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online offers. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font will be used by your computer.
All privacy policies of Google Tools can be found here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
On our website, we offer the so-called "Share Button" from Facebook. This plugin is operated by Facebook Inc, 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA. The button is recognizable by the corresponding logo of Facebook.
As soon as a visitor presses the "Share Button", a connection is established between your web browser and the Facebook servers. Facebook receives and stores data (including the IP address). This allows Facebook to recognize which subpage of the website you have accessed. The corresponding information is transmitted to Facebook in the USA and stored there. If you are logged into Facebook at the same time, the forwarded data can be assigned to your Facebook account.
Facebook may share information internally, within its group of companies or with third parties. For example, information collected in the European Economic Area ("EEA") may be transferred outside the EEA for the purposes described in this policy. Facebook states that it uses standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, takes other measures in accordance with EU law, and obtains your consent to legitimize data transfers from the EEA to the U.S. and other countries.
A complete overview of all Facebook plugins can be accessed via the following link: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/Plugins/?locale=de_DE
Facebook Pixel and Facebook Custom Audiences
On our website, the "Facebook Pixel" from Facebook is used for the purpose of analysis, optimization and economic operation.
Certification under the Privacy Shield agreement guarantees compliance with European data protection law. More information can be found here:
Facebook is able with the help of the Facebook pixel to determine the visitors who interact with our site as a target group for the display of ads (so-called "Facebook ads"). Accordingly, we use the Facebook pixel to display Facebook ads placed by us only to selected Facebook users who have also shown an interest in our products and services or who have certain characteristics (e.g. interests in certain topics determined on the basis of the websites visited) that we transmit to Facebook (so-called "Custom Audiences"). However, with the help of the Facebook pixel, we also want to ensure that our Facebook ads match the potential interest of users and do not appear intrusive.
The processing of data by Facebook takes place within the framework of Facebook's data usage policy. Guidance on the display of Facebook Ads, can be found in Facebook's Data Use Policy: https://www.facebook.com/policy.
Explicit information and details about the Facebook Pixel and how it works can be found in Facebook's support area: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/742478679120153?id=1205376682832…
You can object to the collection and use of your data by the Facebook pixel to display Facebook ads at any time. Within the account settings, you can define which types of advertisements may be displayed to you within Facebook. To do this, within the settings, select the Ads section: https://www.facebook.com/adpreferences/advertisers/?entry_product=accou…
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. Generatio GmbH is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites outside of Generatio GmbH.
5. Data storage, hosting and content delivery network (CDN)
Generatio GmbH will retain personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or as required by law.
This website is hosted by an external service provider (hoster). The personal data collected on this website is stored on the hoster's servers. This may include IP addresses, contact requests, meta and communication data, contractual data, contact data, names, website accesses and other data generated via a website.
The hoster is used for the purpose of fulfilling the contract with our potential and existing customers (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO) and in the interest of a secure, fast and efficient provision of our online offer by a professional provider (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO).
Our hoster will only process your data insofar as this is necessary for the fulfilment of its service obligations and will follow our instructions with regard to this data.
Conclusion of a contract on commissioned processing
In order to ensure data protection-compliant processing, we have concluded an order processing contract with our hoster.
6. Data protection information in the application procedure
- We only process the applicant data for the purpose of and within the scope of the application procedure in accordance with the legal requirements. Applicant data is processed to fulfil our (pre)contractual obligations within the scope of the application procedure in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. b. DSGVO Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. DSGVO insofar as the data processing becomes necessary for us, e.g. within the scope of legal procedures (in Germany, § 26 BDSG also applies).
- The application procedure requires that applicants provide us with the applicant data. Required applicant data are personal details, postal and contact addresses and the documents belonging to the application, such as cover letter, CV and certificates. In addition, applicants can voluntarily provide us with additional information.
- Insofar as special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 (1) DSGVO are voluntarily provided within the scope of the application procedure, their processing is additionally carried out in accordance with Art. 9 (2) lit. b DSGVO (e.g. health data, such as severely disabled status or ethnic origin). Insofar as special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 (1) DSGVO are requested from applicants as part of the application process, their processing is additionally carried out in accordance with Art. 9 (2) a DSGVO (e.g. health data if this is necessary for the exercise of the profession).
- Applicants can send us their applications by post or by e-mail. Please note, however, that e-mails are generally not encrypted and applicants must ensure that they are encrypted themselves. We cannot therefore accept any responsibility for the transmission route of the application between the sender and receipt on our server. If the applicant has any concerns regarding the security of the application documents sent by e-mail, we recommend sending the application documents by post.
- The data provided by applicants may, in the event of a successful application, be further processed by us for the purposes of the employment relationship. Otherwise, if the application for a vacancy is unsuccessful, the applicants' data will be deleted. Applicants' data will also be deleted if an application is withdrawn, which applicants are entitled to do at any time.
- Subject to a justified revocation by the applicant, the data will be deleted after the application procedure has ended for six months so that we can answer any follow-up questions about the application and meet our obligations to provide evidence under the Equal Treatment Act. If you are awarded a position during the application process, the data from the application will be transferred to a personnel file and deleted 10 years after the end of the employment relationship.
- Invoices for any reimbursement of travel expenses will be archived in accordance with tax law requirements.
7. Personal rights
You have the right
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with 15 DSGVO. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction, processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, such as the existence of automated decision-making and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- demand the correction of inaccurate or the completion of your personal data stored by us without undue delay in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO;
- under Article 17 of the DSGVO, to request the erasure of personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation based on public interest considerations, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO;
- in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller;
- to revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future; and
- complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or the registered office of our company for this purpose.
The responsible regulatory authority for data protection of Generatio GmbH is:
Der Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Baden-Württemberg
Postfach 10 29 32, 70025 Stuttgart
Urbanstr. 32, 70182 Stuttgart
Tel. 0711 615541-0
Fax. 0711 615541-15
For the assertion of the aforementioned rights as well as for questions regarding data protection, you can contact the person responsible in accordance with the aforementioned point 1 or send a corresponding e-mail to office(at)generatio.de.
8. Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f) DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, insofar as there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying a particular situation. If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, an e-mail to office(at)generatio.de is sufficient.
9 Data security
- We use the common SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) procedure in conjunction with the highest encryption level supported by your browser when visiting the website. As a rule, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
- We also use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
- In addition, we commit each of our employees to data protection and confidentiality in accordance with the German Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO).
11. Contact forms
If you send us enquiries via the contact form, your details from the enquiry form, including the contact details you provide there, will be stored by us for the purpose of processing the enquiry and in the event of follow-up questions. We do not pass on this data without your consent.
The processing of this data is based on Art. 6 (1) lit. b DSGVO if your request is related to the performance of a contract or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest in the effective handling of the enquiries addressed to us (Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO) or on your consent (Art. 6 (1) (a) DSGVO) if this has been requested.
The data you enter in the contact form will remain with us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to store it or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies (e.g. after we have completed processing your enquiry). Mandatory legal provisions - in particular retention periods - remain unaffected.
12. Request by e-mail, telephone or fax
If you contact us by e-mail, telephone or fax, your enquiry including all resulting personal data (name, enquiry) will be stored and processed by us for the purpose of processing your request. We do not pass on this data without your consent.
The processing of this data is based on Art. 6 (1) lit. b DSGVO if your request is related to the performance of a contract or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest in the effective processing of the enquiries addressed to us (Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO) or on your consent (Art. 6 (1) (a) DSGVO) if this has been requested.
The data you send us via contact requests will remain with us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to store it or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies (e.g. after your request has been processed). Mandatory statutory provisions - in particular statutory retention periods - remain unaffected.
The current status is as of 19.04.2021.