Application of hair root samples
Hair root samples are a good starting material in horses and camels. Here, thick, easily accessible hairs with prominent hair follicles can be found.
Sample collection kit
As part of an order via our webshop, you can order a sample collection kit free of charge from an order value of 99 EUR per animal. The sample collection kit contains:
- Sample card for taping the hairs
- Instructions for sample collection
- Return envelope
Preparation without sample collection kit
You will need:
- Sheet of paper
- Adhesive tape
- Sample sending form
- One envelope per animal
- If available: order number in case of previous online order
Label the sheet of paper with the following information:
- Name of the animal
- Name of the owner
- Date of sample collection
- Order number if previously ordered online
- Pluck 30 to 40 mane or tail hairs. Make sure that there is a follicle (hair root) on each hair. Important: The hairs must be pulled out and not cut off (see picture).
- Fix the hair to the paper with an adhesive tape. Please make sure that the adhesive tape does not touch the follicles.
- Put the sheet with the glued-on hairs plus the accompanying cover letter into the envelope.
Ready to ship hair root sample
The hair is taped to the submission sheet and packed in a zip-lock bag.