Hair root follicle
Application of hair root samples
Hair root samples are a good starting material in horses and camels. Here, thick, easily accessible hairs with prominent hair follicles can be found.
You will need:
- a sheet of paper or our hair sample submission card
- adhesive tape
- one envelope per animal
- if applicable: order number in case of an accompanying online order.
Label the sheet of paper with:
- the name of the animal
- the last name of the owner
- the date of sample collection
- the order number if an accompanying online order has been filed before.
- Pull 30 – 40 hairs from the mane and/or tail of the horse, making sure that there is a follicle (root) attached to the end of each. Hair must be pulled and not cut.
- The hair may be taped to a labeled piece of paper (with the tape NOT touching the follicle)
- Insert the loaded paper into a zip-top bag or envelope. Only one sample should be in each bag or envelope to avoid contamination, but all samples can be send to us in one major outer envelope.
- Samples do not require refrigeration and can be returned via regular mail (international customers please use airmail).