DRC - Deutscher Retriever Club e.V.
website DRC: LINK
The programme was launched on 1 January 2012 and applies to all retriever breeds managed by the DRC, with the exception of the Flat Coated Retriever.
Animals applying for DRC breeding approval must:
- Have an EDTA blood sample of the animal stored at generatio.
- Present a DNA profile identity created by generatio from the sample deposited as a reference.
- Depending on the breed and the intended mating, present certain obligatory tests for hereditary diseases. However, these may have been carried out by any laboratory.
DRC regulations for programme participation:
- Samples submitted for the DNA programme of the DRC remain in the power of disposition of the sender.
- The sender agrees that generatio will transmit the results of the obligatory tests associated with the programme to the DRC office. Other examinations remain without communication on the part of generatio to the DRC office. The owner of the dog is responsible for the transmission of these findings.
- Samples submitted by the owner for DRC studies on specific hereditary diseases may be used by the DRC for the purposes of the study.
Animals seeking DRC breeding approval must:
- Have an EDTA blood sample of the animal deposited at generatio
- Have a DNA profile identity established by generatio from the sample deposited as a reference
- Depending on the breed and the intended mating, provide certain mandatory tests for hereditary diseases or be free of hereditary diseases by means of DNA-tested pedigree. The tests may have been carried out by any laboratory.
Regulations for participation
The owner of a DRC animal, regardless of his membership status, can use the stored samples for his own DNA tests, the order is placed directly with generatio
Test results from programme samples will be sent to the DRC secretariat
For private testing a separate sample has to be submitted
Samples submitted for DRC studies on specific hereditary diseases may be used by the DRC for the purpose of the objectives sought in the study.
The packages include patented DNA tests which, at the request of many breeders, we pass on to a partner laboratory.
This can cause delays, so that the processing time can be up to 6 weeks.
If you wish a faster processing, we recommend ordering these tests directly from the laboratory concerned.
- Create ATC user account or log in to existing user account » to ATC
- If not already done: enter the membership in DRC
- Order DNA test - option "with sample submission"
- Enter all information about the animal - Select DNA program of the DRC
- To the article selection leads into the relevant area of the animal record
- Material = EDTA blood
- Medium = Test tubes
- Storage = Deep freeze archive EDTA blood
- Check 'DNA profile IDentity DOG (ISAG-22 marker)'.
- If desired: select additional DNA tests/test packages
- If all tests defined "Add to shopping cart"
- shopping cart is displayed >> check
- if everything is as desired >> confirm terms and conditions and order
- After the payment process the submission form can be retrieved
- Take it to the vet and have the sample taken